The City of Sheboygan fire department is celebrating a decade of ambulance service! It has been just over ten years since the citizens and the Common Council directed the fire department to begin our paramedic program and ambulance transport service. In celebration, all five fire stations will have an open house from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm on August 20, 2018. Doors will be open and apparatus will be on display for all to see. Stop by our stations to take pictures and meet the firefighters:
- Station 1 – 833 New York Avenue – Paramedic Ambulance 1 and Engine 1
- Station 2 – 2413 S. 18th Street – Paramedic Ambulance 2 and Rescue 2
- Station 3 – 1326 N. 25th Street – Paramedic Ambulance 3 and Engine 3
- Station 4 – 2622 N. 15th Street – Ladder 4
- Station 5 – 4504 S. 18th Street – Ladder 5
The open house event is in conjunction with the 5:00 pm arrival of the Flight For Life helicopter in the green space on the south side of Pennsylvania Avenue near 4th Street. They are landing in Sheboygan to deliver the “2017 Flight For Life Scene Call of the Year Award” to our fire department at the 6:00 pm Common Council meeting on the fifth floor of the County Courthouse at 615 N. 6th Street.
All citizens are encouraged to visit our stations, watch the helicopter landing, and see the award presentation at the Common Council meeting.
Yours in fire safety,