Garbage and Recycling Pick-up
Garbage Route Hotline: 920-459-6471
Click here for a City map of garbage collection days
Click here for more information about garbage and recycling
Click here for 2018 Garbage Collection Holiday Schedule
Click here for the 2017 Recycling Report
Residential Recycling Center
Location: 2026 New Jersey Avenue (East Gate)
The Residential Recycling Center is available for residents to drop-off certain items not collected at the curbside with garbage and recyclables. Materials brought to the recycling center may be accepted or rejected at the discretion of the site attendant.
Please keep children in vehicle while dropping items off.
Help yourself to free wood chips!
Monday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Items Accepted at the Resident Recycling Center
- Grass clippings, leaves, branches, brush and garden waste
- Waste or used motor oil (no containers over 5 gallons)
- Scrap metal, non-freon appliances, and automobile batteries
Items NOT Accepted at the Recycling Center
These items must be taken to private disposal outlets:
- Electronic waste such as TVs, computers, printers, microwaves
- Furniture, mattresses, couches
- Paint, plaster, drywall (sheet rock), shingles, or roofing materials
- Brick, stone, concrete, gravel, tires, or porcelain
- Commercial garbage or hazardous waste
- Items too large for residential pick-up
- Any freon (CFC) appliances, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, air conditioners, or freezers
Christmas Tree Pickup
The City of Sheboygan’s annual Christmas tree recycling pickup is normally done the second week of January, weather permitting. Trees are picked up on the same day as your garbage pickup.
Christmas trees are picked up at the CURB. There is NO ALLEY pickup of Christmas trees.
Christmas wreaths are picked up with normal curbside garbage collection.
Residents are reminded to NOT place trees in plastic bags because the trees are recycled by grinding them into wood chips. These chips are available to the public free of charge.
Christmas trees can also be disposed of at the Resident Recycling Center located at 2026 New Jersey Ave. Place your trees in the bin normally used for branches.
The City of Sheboygan makes every effort to be responsive to a resident’s needs and concerns when a sewer backup occurs. The City has a sewer crew whose sole duty is to inspect, clean, and maintain sewers on a daily basis. They are available on a 7-day a week, 24-hour a day basis to minimize the possibility of sewer problems. Backed up sewer lines, line breaks, sewage odors, and overflowing manholes are considered an emergency. If you experience a sewer problem, please call the Municipal Service Building:
- 920-459-3440 during business hours
- 920-459-3448 after 4 pm or on weekends or holidays
A sewer backup creates a stressful and emotional situation for the homeowner/renter. In some cases it may cause health and safety concerns as well as signification property loss. A proper response to a sewer backup can greatly minimize property damage and diminish the threat of illness.
To view FAQs for Coping with Sewer Backups, please click here.