• Service the City of Sheboygan property owners and business community in a professional and efficient manner
• Uncover the property value and wealth in our City
• Consider all information available in establishing fair and equitable assessments
• Work cooperatively with all City departments
• Provide property owners with information to promote understanding of the assessment process and/or procedures.
• Treat all customers and co-workers with dignity and respect
• To Serve the City of Sheboygan by being knowledgeable of Assessment Laws and respectful of the people’s rights.
• To continue providing fair and equitable assessments.
• To have continued success in working with the other City and County departments
• To be considered as a department that is responsive and accessible to the needs of all property owners in our community
The Department of Assessment is responsible for developing fair and equitable assessments for all property located in the City of Sheboygan. In developing assessments we discover, list, and value all taxable property (this information is used to create the annual assessment roll). The department adheres to established laws as set forth in the Wisconsin Statutes, and the staff is certified by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue to perform their duties.
If you do not find the information you need on this web site or feel a mistake has been made in valuing your property, please contact our office.
Key Assessment Events
2017 Open Book and Board of Review
Open Book Meeting
Start Date – 05/18/2017, Thursday
End Date – 05/19/2017, Friday
Start Time – 8:30 AM
Board of Review Meeting
Start Date – 06/21/2017, Wednesday
Start Time – 8:00 AM
All property is assessed as it exists on January 1st. Changes occurring after this date are reflected in the next years assessment.
Personal Property returns are due March 1st.
March 1st is the last day to file for property tax exemption (for the current year).
Assessment notices mailed to property owners (only for properties where the assessed value has changed).
First day the assessment roll is available for inspection (Open Book).
Deadline to file assessment objections with the City Clerk.
Board of Review commences hearings.
Self-Serve Assessment Data
For information regarding basic assessment data a self-serve computer terminal is located at the service counter of the Assessor’s Office. The computer is available to the public from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm – Monday thru Friday. For questions or concerns regarding assessment, appointments are recommended. To make an appointment with an appraiser, please call 920-459-3388.
The valuation of residential land is based on effective frontage and effective depth. A depth factor is applied on those lots greater or less than 120 feet in depth. The square footage displayed with the parcel information does not determine residential land value
Commercial land is generally valued using the square footage of the land area.