Locating your Business in Sheboygan
The City of Sheboygan is an excellent place to live and do business. The City’s Economic Development Team provides specific services to assist you in locating a business here in Sheboygan.
Sheboygan has several programs aimed at attracting new business and economic development opportunities while retaining and improving strong business and the talented labor pool that already exist in our community. These programs include economic incentives in the form of loans and grants for certain areas, redevelopment assistance, and guidance through the development process.
At a minimum, these tools require developers to demonstrate the following:
• Project can qualify and demonstrate the need for public assistance.
• Financial capacity sufficient to bring the project to fruition, if assisted.
• Supports community development or economic development goals.
• Sufficient experience and knowledge of the development process.
• Approval of the governing body; either the RDA or the Common Council.
• Above average pay levels in jobs created.
• Amplifies the City’s vision and mission.
Current Programs Include:
Leverage Loan Program
Economic Development Loan Manual-Application
Historic Preservation Research Grant Program
Historic Preservation Construction Grant Program
Historic Preservation Sign Grant Program
Active TIF Districts Map
Director of Planning & Development